Arboretum Staff are available to present programs on a wide variety of topics for your group or employees. Programs are available for Garden Clubs, Civic Associations, Corporations, Senior Groups, Alumni Groups, Professional Organizations and others. Please contact us regarding specific requests or consider any of the following topics:
General Audience Topics
- The Ambler Arboretum of Temple University
- Greater Philadelphia Gardens
- Native Plants for Cut Flower Gardens
- Gardening with Deer
- Pennsylvania Plant Communities
- Fascinating Plants of Pennsylvania
- Botanical Latin
- Define Interesting: Native Plants for Multiple Seasons of Interest
- The Legacy of the Graduates of the Pennsylvania School of Horticulture For Women
- Putting Your Garden to Bed – Fall Garden Tasks
- Pruning Basics
Professional Development Topics
Professional Development credits may be obtained for certain programs.
- Hellstrips – Planting the Hardest to Plant Areas in a Landscape
- Uncomfortable Conversations: Engaging Customers and Clients in Meaningful and Productive Dialogue
- Invasive Plant Identification and Management
- Weed Identification and Management
- Diagnosing Pest Problems
- Pesticides and Pollinator Safety
- Herbaceous Plant Identification
- Woody Plant Identification
- Insect and Disease Scouting and Management
- Identifying and Managing Landscape Problems in Wet Seasons
Program times vary with topic and may be customized to meet your group's needs. The fees below are for a one-hour program, with time for questions and answers.
Local Area (With 25 miles)
Week Night: $200
Weekend Day: $250
Outside of 25 Miles and Out of State
Week Night: $300
Weekend Day: $350
Round-trip mileage to be reimbursed at the current federal rate. Program fees support the Ambler Arboretum.
For more information or to schedule a group program please contact Arboretum Director, Kathleen Salisbury at email@example.com or at 267-468-8400.
Bring Your Group to the Arboretum! Learn more about group tours here!